Experienced Mediator and Arbitrator in New Hampshire
New Hampshire Superior Court
Senior Associate Justice 2010-2015
Associate Justice 1989-2010
- Extensive experience conducting thousands of judicial proceedings, evaluating volumes of evidence, and producing fair and impartial decisions.
- Demonstrated capacity for analyzing pertinent and significant facts and issues related to complex commercial, land use, tort, tax, employment, and contract disputes.
- Established precedent-making decisions that have been upheld by New Hampshire Supreme Court.
- Extensive administrative experience as supervisory judge of two county courthouses.
New Hampshire Office of Attorney General
Assistant Attorney General 1985-1989
Chief of Criminal Bureau 1988-1989
- Responsible for all homicide prosecutions and criminal appeals in New Hampshire affording extensive trial and appellate experience.
New Hampshire Supreme Court
Judicial Law Clerk 1984-1985
- Researched and drafted opinions for publication by New Hampshire Supreme Court.
Awards & Honors
Daniel Webster International Lawyer of the Year: N.H. BAR ASSOCIATION 2010
Woman of Achievement Award: GIRLS, INC 2008
Lawyer of the Year: MERRIMACK COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION 2005
Athena Award for Professional Excellence, Community Service, and Assistance to Women in Reaching Leadership Potential: GREATER CONCORD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE 2004
Justice William A. Grimes Award for Judicial Professionalism: N.H. BAR ASSOC. 2003
Sidway Award for Community Service: CONCORD REG. VISITING NURSES ASSOC. 2000
Professional Affiliations and Outreach
NEW HAMPSHIRE RUSSIAN AMERICAN RULE OF LAW CONSORTIUM
Presented at conferences in Russia 14 times on various topics, including judicial ethics, criminal procedure, and jury trial management; organized first conference on Alternative Dispute Resolution in Vologda, Russia; planned numerous conferences in N. H. for Russian judges and lawyers.
NEW HAMPSHIRE JUDICIAL ETHICS ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Committee Member: 2007-2010
Researched and wrote opinions on judicial ethics in response to queries from NH judges.
NEW HAMPSHIRE SUPREME COURT SOCIETY
NEW HAMPSHIRE BAR ASSOCIATION
Served on several NHBA committees and presented at numerous CLE programs.
AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION DISPUTE RESOLUTION SECTION
AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION PANEL OF NEUTRALS
NEW HAMPSHIRE BAR JOURNAL, 44/#2
The New Hampshire – Vologda Rule of Law Partnership: Witness at a New Russian Revolution 2003
NEW HAMPSHIRE BAR NEWS
- Don’t Court Disaster: A Judge’s View of Discovery 2005
- Confidence of the People Essential to Independent Judiciary 2002
- Never Be Mean to a Mother and Other Trial Technique Tips 2002
- Impeachment Simplified 1999
- 10 Common Erroneous Evidentiary Arguments 1998
- The Guarantee of a Free Press Versus the Right to a Fair Trial 1991